What are the expected minimum GTA 5 system requirements for PC?
Well there are a few factors which will have an effect on those specs. First of all the rage/euphoria engine. The physics engine used for the latest installment is the same as what was used for it’s predecessor, just with some tweaks and improvements. GTA IV was not as good optimized as expected but Rockstar Games surely learned from the issues that appeared and the expected PC port will run a lot smoother as we hope.
An other factor to be aware of is that it is still a commercial thing and they need to sell a lot of copies. Taking this as a basement, the game needs to be optimized for the big part of gamers and their PC’s. Not every computer can handle new games with unlimited HD graphics. So they could make a game with much higher quality only if the targeted audience would have high end PC’s.
Expected System Requirements
Here are the specifications that we expect:
GTA 5 Minimum System Requirements for PC
- Operatin System: Windows Vista, 7 or 8
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or similar
- RAM: 3 GB
- Hard Disk: 20 GB free space
- Graphic Card: 512 MB Dedicated Memory
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
- Supported Graphics Cards: Nvidia 9600 or ATI 4890 and up
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.66GHz or equivalent AMD
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 580 Ti or similar ATI
- Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free HDD
- Sound Card: DirectX 11
- OS: Windows 7 or 8 SP 1
The specs show only a rough estimate and are not official yet. Hoping for a PC port announcement soon. Update will follow.